Friday, January 23, 2009

Nice Afternoon

Today I took Braxton to school and as we got there he screamed "I forgot my pink paper, You have to sign it!" So, being the helicopter mother I am I took him home, he ran in got the paper and came back out. I signed it took him back to school and he ran off to as I was pulling away he came running back. I rolled down the window and he threw the pink paper back into the car seat and said, "Oh, I forgot it is not due until next Friday!" I told him that I am sure he could turn it in early so he slowly turned around and started running back to the school. Again as I was pulling away he ran back to the car almost in tears and and said, " But, I don't want to get in trouble. My teacher said next week." I finally got him calmed down and told him just to keep it in his backpack and if it was due today he could turn it in, but if it was due next week he could turn it in then. Boy he sure is a lot different then his older brother whose philosophy is "I didn't know I had to turn it in."
Now back to the point of my post. I just spent the afternoon tying a quilt with my mother and not until the end did I realize that this was the last project we would be doing together! We then ate a lunch of leftover french toast and tater tot casserole. Quite a combination eh? It was such a nice afternoon with her and I am, and I hope I will continue to use while she is gone. I am so thankful for her.

2 comments:

  1. Braxton's such a cutie pie, reminds me of Madison about following rules and doing things just right. Call me and cry to me if you need to, but I have a feeling you and Kara will be fine and you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am glad you have a blog too! It is fun to see what people are up to. I always think that nobody want to see our boring life, but people for some reason always tell me that they are checking in to see what's happenin'!
    I am sad for you guys that your mom will be gone! She was always like a second mom to me and I wish I could have been there for their farewell! It is a nice thing that you will have all of the ways to stay in touch, though. Letters seem so long ago!
    They will be awesome missionaries!
    I love you! Thanks for alway bein' there for me. Give Kara a big hug too!

    ReplyDelete